SKOKIE COUNTRY CLUB JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: SOUS CHEF - A la Carte DEPARTMENT: FOOD AND BEVERAGE
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Serves as "second in command" of the kitchen operations with a strong emphasis overseeing food service, both hot and cold food preparation, for daily Member dining venues including the pool café and men’s locker room grill.
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE CHEF
WORKING RELATIONSHIP: Works closely with Executive Chef, Sous Chef –
banquets/club events, Service Director and other food and beverage managers.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: A la Carte Cooks
DIMENSIONS OF POSITION:
Work Experience: Lead Cook or A la Carte Sous Chef experience in a high-quality hotel, resort or private club.
Education: High School, Some Culinary School preferred Certifications: Food Service Sanitation Certification
Personality / Work Traits: Passion for Food quality and presentation, organized, team motivator, detail-oriented ability to communicate and work with others.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Be familiar and follow Club's policies and procedures, that are relevant to your specific position or as a general employee of the Club, as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Training Manuals, Written Standards of Performance, Sanitation Schedules, Maintenance Schedules, OSHA/MSDS Guidelines, and Security and Safety Procedures.
2. Manages food production for above mentioned areas including product requisitions and ordering, all aspects of production following proper recipes/standards, and proper utilization of leftovers; advises executive chef of any food quality issues
3. Assists Executive Chef with completion of monthly inventories, and approval of food requisitions and cook’s production lists,
4. Maintains complete control of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef, working in partnership with the Sous Chef – banquets/club events
5. Assists in hiring, orientation, training and on-going supervision of all a la carte cooks
6. Ensures the highest standards of hygiene and food safety are constantly maintained and at minimum meet local health department standards; makes sure all perishables are properly covered, stored and dated
7. Establishes and maintains professional standards of conduct and appearance of kitchen staff at all times.
8. Adjusts all food production accordingly as business demands.
9. Make recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of kitchen and equipment.
10. Establishes cleaning / sanitation schedule for stewarding department, and cooks, for a la carte kitchen, and oversees completion of assigned tasks. Spot inspects kitchen on a daily basis.
11. Responsible for correct execution of opening and closing procedures, including securing of all coolers and dry storage areas
12. Attend weekly food and beverage meetings and any other meetings called for.
13. Periodically assists Sous Chef – banquets/club events during high volume banquet times
14. Helps coordinate pastry employee’s work schedule as it relates to a la kitchen service
15. Stay abreast of food trends by watching food shows, reading culinary related magazines, internet research and r and d in the kitchen
16. Conducts daily roll call with Service Director or Dining Room Manager.
17. Works with Service Director or Dining Room Manager and Executive Chef with new menu rollouts.
18. Assists dishwashers/stewards as necessary in supervision and direction of stewarding crew.
19. Periodically closes and secures kitchen and clubhouse. 20. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to stand/walk for 6 or more hours
2. Regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to
3. Vision abilities of close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth participation, and ability to adjust focus
4. Ability to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel/stoop repeatedly
5. Speak and hear
Please send your resume, cover letter and three professional references to:
Richard Stanton, Executive Chef
Date Posted: 10/12/2020