Executive Sous/Sous Chef
Valley Lo Club, Glenview, IL
Premier Chicago area club seeks Sous Chef ready to step up and create their own creative and professional identity. Valley Lo is a full-service club with Ala Carte, Banquet, and Beach food service. Our recently renovated kitchen is an ideal setting to create a wide range of products including cusine. The ideal candidate for this role has a firm grasp of the basics as well as an expanding knowledge of current trends with plated entrees. If you are a detail-oriented, passionate Chef with a strong background and work ethic we would like to hear from you.
Serves as “second in command” of the kitchen. Assist the Executive Chef in supervising food production for all food outlets, banquet events and other functions at the club. Supervise food production personnel, assist with food production tasks as needed and assure that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
Sous Chef Responsibilities and Skills
- The sous chef is hands-on and cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- The ability to lead, motivate and mentor aspiring individuals throughout the organization.
- Plans menus with Executive Chef and Sous Chef for all outlets and within the club.
- A team player and accomplished recruiter who leads by example developing a cohesive team.
- Must be able to read/follow recipes (consistency is key for success)
- A skilled communicator, professional and personable demeanor and approachable manner are important pre-requisite qualities.
- Planning and organizational skills essential.
- Develop and produce all banquet, club events and holiday events
- Current health department license
- Ensure that the kitchen is always clean and meets all local health code requirements
- Assist Chef and Sous Chef with monthly inventory
- Be creative, dependable and focused.
- Must have a strong desire to develop professional skills.
- Must be a strong expo and have attention to detail qualities
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of chef/management experience, knowledge of food prep trends, and quality production
- Be able to work flexible schedule including nights, holidays and weekends (days off are usually Mondays and Tuesday)
- High school diploma/GED required (Culinary degree preferred)
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of creative work for consideration
- Strong communication skills and precise eye for detail
- Pastry knowledge is a plus!
- Personally works in any station assigned by the chef
- Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, presentation and flavor of foods
- Supervises, trains and evaluates kitchen personnel
- Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements and personnel management to Executive Chef
- Understands and consistently follows proper sanitation practices including those for personal hygiene
- Performs other tasks assigned by the Executive Chef
Compensation based on experience, 401 K, Health Insurance, Holiday Bonus, paid vacation
Email Resume, Cover Letter and references to:
Executive Chef Josuelt Rodriguez at email@example.com
Date Posted: 10/11/19
Columbia Country Club
Chevy Chase, MD
Date Posted: 9/25/19
Lake Shore Country Club
Date Posted: 9/25/19
Shady Canyon Golf Club
Date Posted: 8/29/19
Biltmore Country Club was founded in 1926. We have a very active membership of 350 families that utilize all of the Club facilities generating 1 million dollars in food revenue annually. Dining facilities include a casual grill, semi formal dining room, outdoor patio and private party facilities from 10 to 220 people. Dining at Biltmore has always been a highlight for our membership that posses very high expectations. In addition to the wonderful dining options, Biltmore offers the following:
- 18 Hole Golf Course
- Private Lake, Beach and Pool Full Service Tennis Operation Dynamic Social Functions
The Sous Chef position reports to the Executive Chef and will be responsible for the day to day culinary operations and management of the line staff for our Ala Carte dining facilities. This position will work closely with the Executive Chef in developing creative menus and ensuring that all culinary offerings exceed our member's expectations. This individual will also supervise, train and develop the culinary staff to ensure the strictest quality standards and services are achieved. The Sous Chef will assists the Executive Chef in ordering of product, monitoring of labor and food budgets and inventory control.
A Culinary degree is needed with a minimum of 2 years of proven culinary experience in a private club or upscale full service dining facility. Candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively manage a line staff while maintaining the highest quality of service standards, cleanliness, sanitation and safety. Menu creativity and sound costing methods are synonymous with this position.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to showcase their culinary talents in a great working environment. This position will offer a competitive compensation package. All resumes will be handled confidentially.
Contact; Mike Battaglia
Executive Chef, Biltmore Country Club, North Barrington, IL
Date Posted: 8/8/19
Executive Sous Chef
ELGIN COUNTRY CLUB Elgin, Illinois
Reports To: Executive Chef
2-3 years previous Sous Chef experience in depth cooking skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations. Possess strong leadership, communication, organizational and relationship skills.
Elgin Country Clubs Executive Sous Chef is a salaried position that assists the Executive Chef with planning, directing and evaluating the purchasing, production, presentation and pricing of food for member meal service and catering. He/She ensures that the standards of customer service, safety, quality and performance are maintained as directed by the Executive Chef.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Assist the Executive Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations. This includes the preparation and production of all meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards, staff productivity and performance as well as the implementation of club policies with regards to cost control procedures to help ensure profitability.
Help create and implement menu selections for a la carte dining, special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with Executive Chef.
Assist in monitoring food production, ordering, quality and consistency on a daily basis. Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and club health, safety and sanitation standards are attained. Assist in monitoring and developing staff performance to include supervision, training and scheduling.
Desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced environment Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner. Knowledge and experience in sauces, meat and fish cutting, desserts and soups.
Visibility in the dining room during a la carte diner service is required and welcomed. Personality and creativity will be a large driving factor in the hiring of this position.
HOURS: Afternoons and Nights
COMPENSATION: Based on experience and qualifications. SEND RESUME TO: Chef Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 6/20/19
Idlewild Country Club , Flossmoor, IL
View details here.
Date Posted: 6/10/19