Northmoor Country Club
820 Edgewood Road
Highland Park, IL 60035
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Must be familiar with and have worked with all kitchen equipment.
- Awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Knowledge of food handling and preparation principles and procedures for all foods produced and served in the club.
- Ability to effectively supervise all kitchen food production employees in absence of Executive Chef.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Serve as “second-in-command” of the kitchen. Assist the Executive Chef in supervising food production for all food outlets, banquet events and other functions at the club. Supervise food production personnel, assist with food production tasks as needed and assure that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
- Prepares or directly supervises kitchen staff responsible for the daily preparation of soups, sauces and “specials” to ensure that methods of cooking, garnishing and portion-sizing are as prescribed by club’s standard recipes.
- Assists the Executive Chef with monthly inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
- Conducts daily raw cost tracking counts to ensure that all items are accounted for.
- Codes all invoices to the proper account and sends signed copies to Accounting for payment.
- Assumes complete charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Assists Executive Chef with supervision and training of employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning and related production activities.
- Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, presentation and flavor of foods.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen and its equipment.
- Prepares reports, arranges employee schedules and costs menus and performs other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Personally works in any station as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Helps plan energy conservation procedures in the kitchen.
- Assists Executive Chef with the administration of kitchen personnel benefits (vacation, holidays, etc.).
- Consults with dining service personnel during daily line-ups.
- Assists in maintaining security of kitchen, including equipment and food and supply inventories.
- Assists in food procurement, delivery, storage and issuing of food items.
- Expedites food orders during peak service hours.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates kitchen personnel.
- Coordinates buffet presentations.
- Checks mise en place before service time and inspects presentation of food items to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Reports all member and guest complaints to the chef and assists in resolving complaints.
- Monitors kitchen employees’ time cards to ensure compliance with posted schedules.
- Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements and personnel management to Executive Chef.
- Understands and consistently follows proper sanitation practices including those for personal hygiene.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Executive Chef.
Education and/or Experience
- A degree from post-secondary culinary arts program is preferred.
- 4-5 years in a food preparation position encompassing all phases of food preparation and kitchen operation in a high volume setting is required.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Food safety certification.
- Certification from American Culinary Federation or other hospitality association is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend,stretch and twist or reach.
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
- Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.
Chef Chino Quinonez
Northmoor Country Club
Direct Line: 847-926-5290
Date Posted: 4/9/18
Butterfield Country Club - Sous Chef Position
Butterfield Country Club is Located in Oakbrook Illinois. We are a 98 year old private country club. The tradition of dedication to excellence that began years ago is still a top priority. The constant changes and upgrading that are always taking place as the current leaders face new challenges and opportunities serve to remind and assure all that Butterfield Country Club will continue to be a superior club in every way for many years to come.
Sous Chef Position Description – Butterfield Country Club seeks an energetic, quality-driven and creative culinary professional to support our Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in all aspects of kitchen responsibilities. This position is full-time, year-round, salaried and benefits-eligible. Candidate must be a skillful supervisor and available to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends, and some holidays. We are a large club, and we all do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality offerings possible. This particular position requires supervisory skills but is also a working position. The sous chef will work hand-in-hand with staff and Executive Chef in a wide range of culinary diversity, from casual dining to fine dining to club events and private parties. The ideal candidate should be focused on obtaining and honing the skills necessary to take them to the executive chef level.
Essential duties & responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Utilize a hands-on approach to training and developing kitchen staff
- Responsible for all food inventory procedures & controls
- Write production sheets for menus and functions
- Responsible for preparations of all stocks, soups, and sauces
- Adhere to and support purchasing procedures and controls
- Instill safety and sanitation habits in all employees
- Responsible for control of kitchen in absence of Executive Chef
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of food quality and presentation
- Help create new menu ideas for a la carte menus, buffets, and club parties on a weekly basis
- Ensure that quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently
- Prepare a variety of cuisines, using skill and creativity
- Supervise daily food preparation for assigned areas
- Experienced in food costs, labor costs, and scheduling
- Prep, stock, and rotate line to ensure ample supply of products is maintained
- Maintain a good working relationship with club members and personnel from other departments
- Interact with dining room manager and banquet captain to ensure food product consistency exceeds the expectations of members and guests
- Demonstrate team building capabilities and lead by example
- Plans and helps manage employee meal program
Experience and Capabilities Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of culinary experience
- Fine dining and banquet experience
- Private Club experience preferred
- Must have clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Must have current knowledge of regional and national trends in F&B
- Must have a participative & “hands-on” management style to build morale and team spirit
- Must have solid computer skills
- And most importantly, great cooking skills
Principals only/no recruiters
To apply for this position, please submit resume to Executive Chef James Terry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 3/15/18
Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club
Job Title: Executive Chef
Full Time / Exempt
Salary Range: $60k - $65k
Location: Bridges of Poplar Creek C.C.
1400 Poplar Creek Drive, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
- Hires, trains, schedules, manages and evaluates all kitchen staff.
- Understand and perform menu requirements while adhering to and maintaining consistent recipe standards
- Conduct a food inventory on a monthly basis and key items on a weekly basis, to ensure a low level of product on hand
- Conduct inventory on china, silverware, chaffers, and all kitchen utensils quarterly.
- Assist in the coordination of the weekly buying plan with the menus designed by the Director of Golf Operations, Sales & Catering Supervisor & Special Event & Bar Coordinator.
- Adhere to a “full usage” policy of all non-perishable items on hand and provide waste sheets when necessary.
- Maintain labor cost within the guidelines of the budget and seasonal needs
- Maintain cost controls with awareness of alternative buying patterns for all food purchases.
- Complete all necessary HR paperwork for all staff. (New hire paperwork, Employee Status Forms, Reviews, Etc.)
- Train and adhere to portion control management standards for all kitchen and halfway house/ grill staff.
- Adhere to and enforce acceptable attire and grooming standards as put forth by the Director of Golf Operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Golf Operations
- Meet all sanitation requirements per health code for all Food & Beverage areas
- Responsible for doing work orders for all equipment as needed.
- Work with Director of Golf Operations and Sales & Catering Supervisor to Revise/develop the use of wedding, banquet, holiday menus to be competitive with our competition.
- With the use of Event master Software stay up to date on function sheets.
- Schedule all routine maintenance on kitchen equipment. Knives, Hood Cleaning etc.
- Responsible for following Village of Hoffman Estates liquor license rules and regulations in regards to staff BASSET training.
- Will work holidays, and weekends.
- Reports directly to the Director of Golf Operations.
Education / Experience: High school diploma. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred. Must have experience in managing a staff of 2 or more for a minimum of 3 years in a banquet, hotel, or high volume restaurant setting & must have or be in the process of obtaining Food Sanitation Certificate.
Please submit Hoffman Estates Park District employment application and resume online via the career opportunities page on the District’s website: www.heparks.org. In order to be considered for the position, all applicants must submit an application as well as a resume. If unable to apply online, please submit application and resume to Eric Leninger, Human Resource Manager. Email: Eleninger@heparks.org
Download PDF for complete details
Date Posted: 1/16/18
Executive Working Chef
Conway Farms Golf Club
Lake Forest, IL
View complete details
Date Posted: 1/11/18
Ocean Reef Club
Key Largo, FL
View complete details
Date Posted: 1/11/18
Searching for a GREAT SOUS CHEF to Join My Team (Glenview)
Feel like you work in a "Cut throat" kitchen? Like you are not part of “The Team”? Wanting to belong to something more? Well you have stumbled upon it.
All "Private Clubs" are not created equal
Tenured Executive Chef searching for Sous Chef for a private country club. Valley Lo is looking for a unique individual to complement Our Culinary Team.
Join our Family to experience a fast paced professional atmosphere where scratch cooking, quick wit and camaraderie are only part of the benefits. This is an "Open environment" with the ability to share ideas and belong to a Band of Culinarians that are in the business of making our Members happy.
- Great Attitude, Personal Integrity and Sense of Humor are Absolute Must Haves!!!
- Must have worked a hot line position in a kitchen for minimum of 5+ years
- Strong Work Ethic and Team Player Mentality
- Flexible hours, able to work Holidays and Weekends
- Culinary school graduate preferred
- Ability to work a 55+ hour week
- Year Round-Salaried Position
Insurance, 401k, vacation pay, employee uniforms, staff meals and working with a great group of individuals are only some of our benefits.
Please send resume by email or fax, 847.729.0216,
Valley Lo is an equal opportunity employer, background check required
J. R. Thomas
Date Posted: 10/5/17