Butterfield Country Club - Sous Chef Position
Butterfield Country Club is Located in Oakbrook Illinois. We are a 98 year old private country club. The tradition of dedication to excellence that began years ago is still a top priority. The constant changes and upgrading that are always taking place as the current leaders face new challenges and opportunities serve to remind and assure all that Butterfield Country Club will continue to be a superior club in every way for many years to come.
Sous Chef Position Description – Butterfield Country Club seeks an energetic, quality-driven and creative culinary professional to support our Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in all aspects of kitchen responsibilities. This position is full-time, year-round, salaried and benefits-eligible. Candidate must be a skillful supervisor and available to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends, and some holidays. We are a large club, and we all do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality offerings possible. This particular position requires supervisory skills but is also a working position. The sous chef will work hand-in-hand with staff and Executive Chef in a wide range of culinary diversity, from casual dining to fine dining to club events and private parties. The ideal candidate should be focused on obtaining and honing the skills necessary to take them to the executive chef level.
Essential duties & responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Utilize a hands-on approach to training and developing kitchen staff
- Responsible for all food inventory procedures & controls
- Write production sheets for menus and functions
- Responsible for preparations of all stocks, soups, and sauces
- Adhere to and support purchasing procedures and controls
- Instill safety and sanitation habits in all employees
- Responsible for control of kitchen in absence of Executive Chef
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of food quality and presentation
- Help create new menu ideas for a la carte menus, buffets, and club parties on a weekly basis
- Ensure that quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently
- Prepare a variety of cuisines, using skill and creativity
- Supervise daily food preparation for assigned areas
- Experienced in food costs, labor costs, and scheduling
- Prep, stock, and rotate line to ensure ample supply of products is maintained
- Maintain a good working relationship with club members and personnel from other departments
- Interact with dining room manager and banquet captain to ensure food product consistency exceeds the expectations of members and guests
- Demonstrate team building capabilities and lead by example
- Plans and helps manage employee meal program
Experience and Capabilities Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of culinary experience
- Fine dining and banquet experience
- Private Club experience preferred
- Must have clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Must have current knowledge of regional and national trends in F&B
- Must have a participative & “hands-on” management style to build morale and team spirit
- Must have solid computer skills
- And most importantly, great cooking skills
Principals only/no recruiters
To apply for this position, please submit resume to Executive Chef James Terry: email@example.com
Date Posted: 3/15/18
Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club
Job Title: Executive Chef
Full Time / Exempt
Salary Range: $60k - $65k
Location: Bridges of Poplar Creek C.C.
1400 Poplar Creek Drive, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
- Hires, trains, schedules, manages and evaluates all kitchen staff.
- Understand and perform menu requirements while adhering to and maintaining consistent recipe standards
- Conduct a food inventory on a monthly basis and key items on a weekly basis, to ensure a low level of product on hand
- Conduct inventory on china, silverware, chaffers, and all kitchen utensils quarterly.
- Assist in the coordination of the weekly buying plan with the menus designed by the Director of Golf Operations, Sales & Catering Supervisor & Special Event & Bar Coordinator.
- Adhere to a “full usage” policy of all non-perishable items on hand and provide waste sheets when necessary.
- Maintain labor cost within the guidelines of the budget and seasonal needs
- Maintain cost controls with awareness of alternative buying patterns for all food purchases.
- Complete all necessary HR paperwork for all staff. (New hire paperwork, Employee Status Forms, Reviews, Etc.)
- Train and adhere to portion control management standards for all kitchen and halfway house/ grill staff.
- Adhere to and enforce acceptable attire and grooming standards as put forth by the Director of Golf Operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Golf Operations
- Meet all sanitation requirements per health code for all Food & Beverage areas
- Responsible for doing work orders for all equipment as needed.
- Work with Director of Golf Operations and Sales & Catering Supervisor to Revise/develop the use of wedding, banquet, holiday menus to be competitive with our competition.
- With the use of Event master Software stay up to date on function sheets.
- Schedule all routine maintenance on kitchen equipment. Knives, Hood Cleaning etc.
- Responsible for following Village of Hoffman Estates liquor license rules and regulations in regards to staff BASSET training.
- Will work holidays, and weekends.
- Reports directly to the Director of Golf Operations.
Education / Experience: High school diploma. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred. Must have experience in managing a staff of 2 or more for a minimum of 3 years in a banquet, hotel, or high volume restaurant setting & must have or be in the process of obtaining Food Sanitation Certificate.
Please submit Hoffman Estates Park District employment application and resume online via the career opportunities page on the District’s website: www.heparks.org. In order to be considered for the position, all applicants must submit an application as well as a resume. If unable to apply online, please submit application and resume to Eric Leninger, Human Resource Manager. Email: Eleninger@heparks.org
Download PDF for complete details
Date Posted: 1/16/18
Executive Working Chef
Conway Farms Golf Club
Lake Forest, IL
View complete details
Date Posted: 1/11/18
Ocean Reef Club
Key Largo, FL
View complete details
Date Posted: 1/11/18
Searching for a GREAT SOUS CHEF to Join My Team (Glenview)
Feel like you work in a "Cut throat" kitchen? Like you are not part of “The Team”? Wanting to belong to something more? Well you have stumbled upon it.
All "Private Clubs" are not created equal
Tenured Executive Chef searching for Sous Chef for a private country club. Valley Lo is looking for a unique individual to complement Our Culinary Team.
Join our Family to experience a fast paced professional atmosphere where scratch cooking, quick wit and camaraderie are only part of the benefits. This is an "Open environment" with the ability to share ideas and belong to a Band of Culinarians that are in the business of making our Members happy.
- Great Attitude, Personal Integrity and Sense of Humor are Absolute Must Haves!!!
- Must have worked a hot line position in a kitchen for minimum of 5+ years
- Strong Work Ethic and Team Player Mentality
- Flexible hours, able to work Holidays and Weekends
- Culinary school graduate preferred
- Ability to work a 55+ hour week
- Year Round-Salaried Position
Insurance, 401k, vacation pay, employee uniforms, staff meals and working with a great group of individuals are only some of our benefits.
Please send resume by email or fax, 847.729.0216,
Valley Lo is an equal opportunity employer, background check required
J. R. Thomas
Date Posted: 10/5/17